Seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in a rapidly growing Health Plan. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant will support the day to day accounting functions of the organization while playing a key role in the maintenance and integrity of the general ledger. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in the month end close process, accounting analyses, audits, and operating budgets. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to actively participate in cross-functional teams on special projects, including accounting and reporting systems improvements.
• Apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report and maintain financial data.
• Responsible for monthly account reconciliations and roll forwards.
• Key team member in overall monthly and yearly close process.
• Work closely with CFO on Month End and Year End Close to generate accurate and timely financial reports including Statement of Operations, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet.
• Support the maintenance and integrity of the Department’s financial activities and reporting through reconciliations and review of general ledger. Identify errors and arrange for timely corrective action.
• Reconcile general ledger and sub ledgers and prepare necessary corrections to ensure proper compliance with all GAAP DMHC reporting guidelines and deadlines.
• Review, approve and post monthly Journal Entries in General Ledger.
• Prepare and Maintain financial schedules including depreciation, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, restricted funds.
• Research and resolve technical accounting issues.
• Conduct complex analyses and prepare detail and summary financial reports for the CFO and Department.
• Develop reports to assist in the analysis and reporting of Medi-Cal and Medicare Capitation, and Fee-for-service provider claims payment.
• IBNR estimation, reporting and reconciliation.
• Assist the CFO in the preparation of the annual Operating Budget and FP&A, including analyzing historic trends, current data and developing future projections.
• Provide support for the annual independent audit, additional tasks, special projects and hoc reporting as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting. At least five year’s accounting operations experience preferably with a health plan organization.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and applications of accounting principles.
• Experience in community/primary healthcare a plus. Audit and Financial Reporting experience.
• Advanced Excel Skills including Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups and Logic Functions.
• Accuracy/precision in math, strong analytical skills.
• Effective time management and organizational skills, excellent follow-through skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under deadlines.